A simple, easy, and filling twist on traditional chicken noodle soup.
In Louisiana cool fronts are few and far between and when we are lucky enough to have a cool snap, you can find me wanting soup, pulling out the UGG’s, lighting a fire, and probably wearing a full snow suit to celebrate the dip into the 60’s. We had our first cool snap and you guessed it, this little lady wanted soup so I put my thinking cap on. I felt brave, yes I had a Julia Child moment. With no recipes in front of me I decided to live life on the edge. I may need to live life on the edge more often because this soup turned out so delicious and came with such rave reviews from my husband, that I decided to share it with you. I was craving an east meets west taste and I succeeded with my new found friend “Jalapeño Chicken Noodle Soup”.
Jalapeño Chicken Noodle Soup
1 Rotisserie Chicken
1 Package of Pre-Cut Celery, Onions, & Carrots
2 Green Onions
2 Cups Spinach
72 oz. of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Dash of Black Pepper
Salt (to taste)
Turmeric (to taste)
Tony Chacheres (to taste)
1/2 Package of Pad Thai Noodles
2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
Fresh Chopped Green Onion
1. In a large pot add avocado oil over medium high heat. Add pre-cut celery, onions, carrots, and sauté until clear and softened.
2. Add broth, juice of lime, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
3. Add remaining ingredients and let simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
5. Before serving add pad thai noodles and simmer until tender.
6. Garnish with chopped green onions and sliced jalapeños.
Yields 8 Servings
I hope you enjoy!