A sweet breakfast treat to impress and show your special someone how much you care this valentines day.
A while back I was thinking about how much I love carbs and whilst dreaming of all things carb related I thought, “why don’t you just combine all of your favorites: hearts, carbs, chocolate, cream cheese, and strawberries to make your wildest dreams come true”. And that is just what I did my friends…I would love to introduce you to my heart shaped breakfast tarts. When dreaming up my concoction, I decided I wanted to make it a quick and easy breakfast for my hunny bun and share it with the world so you could in turn make your hunny, friend, kids, or sweet momma a breakfast that is literally filled with “love”. Happy Baking…XO.
Valentine Breakfast Tarts
2 Packages of Store Bought Phyllo Dough
1 Cup Fresh Diced Strawberries
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
1/4 Cup Nutella (Approximately)
1/4 Cup Whipped Cream Cheese (Approximately)
Large Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
Strawberry and Cream Cheese
1. Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees.
2.In a small saucepan stir diced strawberries and sugar over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves.
3. Stir in lemon juice and corn starch.
4. Elevate heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture has thickened.
5. Once phyllo dough has fully thawed use cookie cutter of your choice to create your masterpiece.
6. With equal parts cutout, brush the inside edges with beaten egg to ensure seal.
7. Place the filling (Nutella or Strawberry and Cream Cheese) inside the phyllo dough, take a second cut out and enclose your filling pressing edges together.
8. Brush beaten egg covering the outside of tart for a shiny golden finish.
9. Place tarts in the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minuets or until golden brown and baked throughout.
Yields 8 Servings