Coffee with Claire is my place to share a compilation of everyday life frivolities, simple pleasures, and all that I am currently loving and longing for.
A series that focuses on and recaps those weekly “ah-ha” moments. New explorations, a favorite read, a new makeup item, and simply sharing my everyday life with you. All things that you would share with your girlfriend over coffee. So sit down, relax, and join me for a “Coffee with Claire”.
Happy Monday, Boys & Ghouls! This weekend was a weekend spent relaxing. We stayed around the house and binged “Haunting of Hill House” on Netflix while eating copious amounts of carbs. These are the best kinds of weekends. You know, the ones spent with your loved ones, a slow moving morning coffee, staying in your pajamas, taking a mid day nap, and generally doing whatever you please. My kind of perfect day!
If you saw my Instagram post over the weekend you would have known I broke out in hives and ended up in urgent care. I am happy to report I’m no longer itching, but we still do not know what caused them.
Part of my relaxing weekend came with a self care Sunday. We woke early, had our coffee, got our workouts in, and spent the day getting caught up on house work. After that was complete I sassed it up and did a hair mask, a face mask, and an at home pedi (try to save those dollars where I can). With not feeling well from the prescription the doctor gave me an early dinner, movie, and bed time was called for. I am excited to start this new week and get back to feeling strong and healthy.
Now, with that all being said, today starts my 6 week challenge with Body By Finch. If you haven’t heard of her, please look her up. An Australian beauty with a body and heart of gold. Excited to switch my workouts up and bring in more meditation and stretching.
1. Tazo Desert Delights Tea – My healthy version of “desert”. This caffeine free tea is perfect when I want something to make me feel warm and cozy, all while making me feel I am getting a treat without the guilt.
2. Seche Vive Instant Gel Effect Top Coat – I have used Seche Vite for years and recently picked up the “Gel Effect” version Seche Vive. I used it this weekend and really liked it. Can’t wait to see how the lasting effects are.
3. The Daily Edited Phone Case – I have had a Daily Edited phone case for the last few years. I just received a new one and I’m crazy about it. I love the endless personalization options and they are also fantastic quality!
4. T3 Twirl Convertible Iron – I have used plenty of curling irons over the years and I have to say not only is it aesthetically pleasing, it leaves you with the most natural looking curls. I love a lose wavy curl like in my photo above. I used the 1.50″ curling iron for these. When my hair is shorter I prefer the 1.25″. And did I mention it is part of the Sephora Holiday Bonus Sale? I did a full breakdown last week of everything I love, things that I am restocking, new things I am trying, and what I am longing for. Read it here!
5. Opi Nail Polish – Well y’all, I went crazy at the nail salon and got my fave dark color on my nails recently. I use to keep dark nails all fall but the last few years I can’t quit the simplicity of a good creamy ivory polish. I decided to spice things up for Halloween and I went a perfect dark shade of navy that I love, but I’ll be going back to my nude soon.
6. Hocus Pocus – You can’t have Halloween come and go without watching “Hocus Pocus”. I am big on themed movies I watch at certain times of the year, and “Hocus Pocus” is one of them!
I hope all of you lovelies have a wonderful and happy Halloween week!