Coffee with Claire is my place to share a compilation of everyday life frivolities, simple pleasures, and all that I am currently loving and longing for.
A series that focuses on and recaps those weekly “ah-ha” moments. New explorations, a favorite read, a new makeup item, and simply sharing my everyday life with you. All things that you would share with your girlfriend over coffee. So sit down, relax, and join me for a “Coffee with Claire”.
Happy Monday Lovelies,
This weekend was a tough one. Friday was amazing and started with an early morning cup of coffee outside with the hubs. I needed a slow morning after a busy week. The rest of my Friday was spent doing all things “girly”. I had my nails done, picked up items at Sephora for the Holiday Bonus Sale, and finished my afternoon with lunch at La Madeleine. That is a day in itself to be grateful for. I can remember the days of working two jobs, going to school full time, while living in a one bedroom studio apartment on the back of my parents business. It is easy to forget just how lucky you can be. I can remember that getting my nails done was a true treat. What is important is that it should always feel that way no matter where you are in your life. I often try to take a step back and remember to make sure to be grateful for the little things I am able to do.
If you noticed, I said this weekend was a tough one. Without expounding on anything. It is important to know that everyone’s life is not always sunshine and rainbows. Life can be tough and people can be hurtful. What is important, is knowing these things are temporary, pain can heal, and life will go on. My little passion project (CB&Co.) is here to help take your mind away from the negative, inspire something new, and help provide a simple getaway in a busy world. Never is this space meant to make anyone feel less than or inferior. We are all in this together! I truly mean that.
On a much lighter note. I have so many new things that I am excited to share with you. Now that I am officially past my October spending freeze (I had a few slip ups but it was needed items), watch out! I got a new devotional to read, fun holiday earrings, and the perfect handbag for all of your holiday parties. All things that I know you will love!
1. Ashley Sievert Beauty – A Louisiana native, and beautiful makeup artist, Ashley Sievert is the gift that keeps on giving. Not only is she a talented makeup artist, I am obsessed and relate to her humor like no other. I recently got to try a few of her products and I am loving them! Glow Under Eye Brightener, Spotlight Highlighting Concealer, and her Mineral Finishing Velvet Powder (I chose the shade: New York). They all work in perfect harmony for a natural yet flawless complexion. Her mineral based products are light yet buildable for the level of coverage you are comfortable with. Did I mention water resistant too? I am happy to report that her yearly sale is going on from November 2-7 . You can try all of her amazing products that are 25-50% off (NO CODE NEEDED and the price reflects the discount). Try them out, I am confident you will love the line as much as I do.
2. New Morning Mercies By Paul David Tripp – I found this through the sweetest fellow blogger Erica Aulds (@ericaaulds). She shared this on her stories a few times and every message I read was so great and what I needed in that moment so I had to have it. I just got it in and started it today!
3. Fringe Sequin Handbag – I just got this beauty in from Zara and I am LOVING it for the holidays. It will be the perfect addition to Jazz up many outfits.
5. Essie Polish in “Waltz” – A perfect creamy nude that has me currently living my best life. I left the dark side and I am not back to my neutral roots.
6. Rose Quartz Roller – This roller! I keep it in my refrigerator and LOVE rolling my face in the mornings and even after a long day. It is so relaxing and really zens me out. Plus it helps reduce the puffy and swollen face we sometimes get (and it’s pink)!