How I am spending my days during this season of quarantine and making the most of it.
Hi all you cool cats and kittens!
I feel like this might be the slogan of #COVID19 that will always bring back a little PTSD for some of us. I have to admit, I started one episode of Tiger King, after it was all the rage, and turned it off after a few minutes. I just wasn’t in the mood for it at that time. I heard mixed reviews on it being overrated, but if it is still highly recommended, let me know. I do however know that dang quote from it and say it to myself every time I am wearing my leopard lounge set and look in the mirror, (sadly I am not kidding).
How are all of you holding up during this season of quarantine? I am a homebody through and through so it has not been very hard to just be still and at home. I have had a few days here and there where I hit a bit@hy wall and had to check myself, if I am being honest. I have changed up my routine and got back into my daily workouts, walks, and talking with you guys. It has created a feeling of normalcy and purpose. I’m not one to sit around unless it feels like a treat on a weekend after a long week of work. Like I said I LOVE being home and not being out in the wild but I stay very busy. Projects, home updates, workouts, movies, etc. and for a few days I ran out of things to do and it had me in a little funk and all I needed to do is simply regroup.
Here are some of the things I am currently doing that has me happy as a clam and keeping me busy:
- Working out. I have done Melissa Wood Health for over a year and I am such a fan.
- Daily Walks. When the weather permits of-course. Getting those steps in and fresh air always helps. I always have my fitbit tucked away and shoot for 12,000 steps a day.
- Reading. I am currently reading this book and loving it.
- Cooking. I am trying so many new recipes (like these homemade biscuits) and concocting my own. Something I always enjoy but push to the back burner because I am “so busy”.
- Home Projects. Tackling that endless to-do list I have had forever. Power washing, flower bed mulching, outdoor window cleaning, steaming and moping floors, organizing the upstairs, cleaning out my closet, and re-organizing rooms and cabinets.
- Redecorating. I have moved things all around our house and found new places for items to freshen things up.
- Creating a Poshmark. I have so many clothes that I no longer wear that have sat upstairs for ages. I am working on starting my own Poshmark account. Still working on this one. Stay tuned and make sure to follow along on the link above! New to Poshmark? You can sign up here. Sign up with code CLAIREBANDCO to get $10 off your first order.
- Movies & Series. Netflix, Hulu, & Amazon Prime. Have become my friend. I just went down an MTV The City rabbit hole and finished those seasons. It was a spin off of The Hills when Whitney moved to NYC. Did any of you watch it back when it was on?
- Garage Sale. I have created a garage sale stack so when this quarantine is over I can have a huge fall time garage sale in my hometown.
- Self Care. There is so much of this going on I am hoping I come out of this looking 18. Face mask, hair masks, gel manicures, pedicures, teeth whitening, neck creams, I am even going as far as putting extra skin care on my body (say what???).
- Slow Mornings. There is truly nothing better than that first cup of coffee each day. I have started a ritual of drinking that first cup with a word search puzzle and trying to just slow down.
- Loungewear. I was made for this. I love loungewear and have thrived.
- Games. Puzzles, word searches, UNO, Banangrams, etc. have been a date night for us.
- Movie Nights. We LOVE movies. So we have had plenty of movie nights. We have re-watched a heap of James Bond films, Under the Tuscan Sun, etc.
That’s what we have been up to, I hope this will give some of you an idea or two if you are running out of ideas.Let me know what you have been up to. I will take any and all recommendations of anything I have left out.